The CYSA Coaching School is a service for the volunteer coach. The purpose of the School is to educate, promote and stimulate your interest in youth soccer. The educational procedure of our school is established by the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) which mandates that all coaches, regardless of background, follow the educational steps from “F” through National “D”, without skipping a level. It is also required that the information be used for one full season before proceeding to the next course.
- Pre-F: Introduction to youth soccer and coaching. It is recommended for all new coaches.
- F: Introduction on coaching methods, with focus on first attacker and first defender. It is recommended all coaches.
- E: Introduction to system of play and tactics, with focus on first/second attacker and first/second defender.
- E/D: Focus on attacking and defending themes. It is required for Class 1 and 3 coaches.
- D: It is required for Class 1 coaches of U16 and over. (Note: A proof of attending a referee class is need to fulfill requirements for “D”.
West Valley Youth Soccer League (WVYSL) is a non-profit (501 (c) 3), and volunteer-based organization, serving the youth of West San Jose, Campbell, and portions of Saratoga, Los Gatos, and Cupertino. The league was founded in 1968. WVYSL offers recreational, competitive and select level of plays for U8 to U19 players, and Micro soccer for U4 to U6.
All WVYSL coaches are mandated to take Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) courses, and uses iSoccer standards for player skill development.