To participate in our competitive soccer program, players must tryout and be accepted by a team. This may be done during the open tryouts in December or June, or by contacting teams in your age group (Girls Teams and Boys Teams) to arrange for a tryout.
WVYSL offers some limited scholarships each year. Please refer to the policy for more information.
Please contact WVYSL VP of Soccer for more information.
All coaches coaching at West Valley Youth Soccer League competitive teams must maintain good standing through ongoing coach education, submitting to background check and fingerprint monitoring, and exemplary ethical behavior on and off the field.
All WVYSL competitive coaches must also have required level of CYSA coaching licenses or work toward attaining the required level as quickly as possible. The minimum license is either:
In addition, coaches are expected to take one Positive Coaching Alliance class per year and are encouraged to take ongoing coaching classes such as the Fiorentina classes, or other training to continue to grow their knowledge.
To apply to coach at WVYSL, the following documentation must be provided to the WVYSL VP of Soccer:
- A cover letter stating your team plans and goals for the year
- WVYSL Coach Application
- A copy of your latest CYSA coaching license
- A current team financial statement – bank statement or spreadsheet accepted
- Contact information for team volunteers (not including the coach).
Once you are approved to coach a competitive team, you and all of your assistant coaches and trainers must:
- Complete the background check form (be sure to record the confirmation number)
- Undergo the fingerprinting process.
- Submitting a photo and a copy of an E-level or higher USSF license or an NCSAA Level VI coaching license to the WVYSL registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, please contact WVYSL VP of Soccer