The Blues are one of the three teams that make up the U9 boys academy program at West Valley. Historically, this group of kids started playing soccer together since they were 4-years-old in Sunnyvale, Cupertino and San Jose. in 2010, our boys were part of “Les Petits Bleus” (French for “The lit’l Blues”), a club within the Sunnyvale Soccer alliance – and this is why our team is called the Blues.
Where it all started
The 2010 season
In 2011, we decided to become part of the West Valley soccer club, and continue to recruit boys from all horizons to play on our team. Since then, we have been fortunate to find a stable structure and supportive management to be able to focus on what matter most: player and team development.
The Blues at the 2012 District Cup
Here’s in a nutshell what we’re about –
- We operate a “soccer academy”, 3 teams in the U9 age group: Blues/Owls/Cyclones
- It’s a tiered model. All teams are competitive
- We have experienced coaches on staff with soccer backgrounds
- Our goal is play at the Silver or Gold level within 18 months
We are different!
- We are interested in developing kids, not your money
- We have a balanced approach to coaching, a mix of drills, scrimmages and physical work – unlike other clubs which “mechanically” teach soccer
- We form a community. We know each parent by name and form long-lasting relationships.
What we are looking for
- Balanced players with a good mix of skills/physical ability/soccer IQ
- Parents committed to the idea of learning to play good soccer, not just getting a W this next week end
- Players with a competitive spirit who are either unhappy with their current comp team or dominate in their REC team
Head coach: Xavier Casanova Xavier@liveclicker.com
Please contact Xavier directly if you have any questions.