We are committed to train our team to reach their highest potential. Our team focus for this season is to work on technical foundation, individual player development, team strategy, and overall soccer skills.
Each practice our players will learn to developed a foundation of skill including:
- Technical Warm-up: Emphasis on maximum touches, maximum participation.
- Technical Tune-up: The players will apply the lessons learned from the technical warm-up into fast thinking, problem-solving exercises designed to challenge the players speed of thought as well as technical speed.
- Practice: Small-sided games where players are given the freedom to apply new skills without fear of making mistakes.
The team will practice 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hrs each session and will play 15 – 20 games this season.
The team will never emphasize on winning and mainly focus on individual skill, creating love for game, playing well, playing with flair and without fear, and making your own decisions and learning to learn from mistakes. This will lead into a winning team!!!
West Valley United 05B (born after 8/1/2005) competed in the CYSA Copper Division in Fall 2013. One of the highlights of the Fall season was winning at the District 2 Cup copper division.
Head Coach Mike Han
- USSF E License
- Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach certified
- San Jose Soccer Camp and Clinics certified Personal Trainer
Career & Player Achievements
- 1997 – Current (Adult)
- Open Men’s Premier and 1st Division at SBASL & other Bay Area adult soccer league
- 1993 – 1996 (College)
- UC Davis NCAA DII 93-94
- College club teams 94-96
- 1990 – 1993 (High School)
- Four-year Varsity All-American Central Coast Section at Oak Grove High School
- First-team all-league performer
- Lead High School team to Central Coast Section and league championships first time in Oak Grove HS history
- Won San Jose Mercury News High School and Central Coast Section Player of the Year award
- 1988 – 1989 (South San Jose Competitive U13 – U15 Team)
- Norcal Premier Cup champions
- Won State Cup Champion
- Won many 1st and 2nd place prestigious tournaments
- Played on California State team
- Won MVP awards
- 1982-1987 (West Valley Competitive Team U8 – U12)
- Won many 1st and 2nd place tournaments