Regardless of their playing league, all West Valley competitive soccer teams are required to perform the following tasks during registration:
- Identify the team staff (head coach, assistant coaches, team manager(s) and ensure all staff does the following:
- Fingerprinting with Moreland School District
- Obtains the appropriate coaching license for her/his team. At a minimum, all coaches and assistant coaches should have at least an F license.
- Fills out a background check form with the league the team is planning to play:
- Submits an ID photo (1.5″x1″), copy of driver’s license, copy of coach licenses, and a staff form for CYSA or NorCal
In addition to the above, head coaches are required to take a Positive Coaching Alliance online training class yearly; assistant coaches are encouraged to take PCA classes also. No team staff member should be allowed on the sidelines until all of the above information has been collected.
- Collect player documentation which should include:
- Player ID photo – this photo should be 1.5″x1″, forward facing, with no hat or sunglasses. All photos must be on a USB card in jpeg format.
- Legal proof of birth. This may be a birth certificate, or a current (unexpired) passport.
- A league player registration form. This will be one of the following:
- A single team check for league fees. For Spring 2013 CCSL fees are:
- 8v8 teams: $180/player
- 11v11 teams: $200/player
- All of the above is required when registering for Fall season. Only the league fees are required for returning players.
- Create the WVYSL Volunteer and Volunteer buyout lists
- Create the volunteer buyout list: families may optionally buy out of WVYSL volunteer duty for $40 this season
- Create the volunteer list: Any family who does not buyout of their 4 hours of WVYSL volunteer time should be on this list. The team gets one exemption per season which may be used by the most active coach or team manager.
The volunteer list information should include parent name, email addresses, and phone numbers. This will ensure the volunteer coordinator can contact them for work assignments.
All of the above paperwork must be submitted to the league registrar, Karen Bustamante, before the season registation deadline.
West Valley Youth Soccer League (WVYSL) is a non-profit (501 (c) 3), and volunteer-based organization, serving the youth of West San Jose, Campbell, and portions of Saratoga, Los Gatos, and Cupertino. The league was founded in 1968. WVYSL offers recreational, competitive and select level of plays for U8 to U19 players, and Micro soccer for U4 to U6.
All WVYSL coaches are mandated to take Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) courses, and uses iSoccer standards for player skill development.